Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Introduction to Matt's Commentary

This is my first foray into the world of blogging. My handle is Marv Shedley. I am an opinionated person, with a so-called "right-wing" slant...But I hate those labels.

I'm from the upper midwest. What I will talk about on this blog will range from politics, to sports to cooking...i.e. everything, whatever I feel like talking about...even (bahm, bahm, baaaahhhhmmm!) Religion (arrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!)... Can't handle it? Freedom allows you to not participate....

I don't claim to know everything, nor do I claim to be right all the time. But only facts, not speculation, not prevailing wisdom, not anyone's opinion, will change my mind on a topic.

One of my favorite quotes from politics: "If you're not a liberal at the age of 20, you have no heart, if you're not a conservative by the age of 40, you have no brain." - Winston Churchill

One of my favorite Biblical quotes: "The fool hath said in his heart 'there is no God.'" Psa. 14:1

One of my favorite sports quotes: "That's it, baby oooooh!" - anonymous Viking

My biggest pet peeve: The "liberal" dominance in the media, the education system and in the entertainment community. A little balance would be nice. The libs always bring up McCarthyism as the prime example of the suppression of freedom of thought and expression, yet they constantly suppress, shout-down, ridicule and even try to destroy the career of anyone who dares express a viewpoint that doesn't coincide with theirs. There is a McCarthyism of the Left, yet the gatekeepers of information are even suppressing that fact...

Come back often to get my slant, and comment if you want...

-Matt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home